09 June 2010

Funny Thing About Insecurity

I just had to share this email that came this week from Tut.com (Notes from the Universe) about insecurity:

Insecurity is the greatest social piranha in the pool of human existence. Yet discovering that no matter what anyone else thinks, you can still choose your own thoughts, manifest your own things, and live happily ever after is like wearing underwater, titanium body armor in your favorite color, with built-in rabbit ear slippers and a ghetto-like hoodie.

First of all the visual image that came to mind makes me giggle every time I read it. Secondly, and most importantly, it is spot-on true! I have known more people derailed from happiness, joy and success because of insecurity. Perhaps it's an old recording that they play in their heads from childhood about unworthiness or something that was said about them in the heat of an argument. Whatever it is, that thought that keeps popping up is ruining their life! I know there's been plenty of those thoughts show up for me over the years. Its well worth the work to learn how to identify them, see them for what they are and release them. Besides I really like the idea of underwater, titanium body armor. Make mine red, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Houston, TX, United States
I've led a lot and followed plenty of times, too. All these experiences have given me some interesting perspective into what makes someone a leader worth following. And what constitutes ethical leadership? We usually can smell it when's it not, so let's find the examples in the world of people leading in an ethical and authentic way! My passion is community leadership but I think the lessons of leadership transcend place and specifics. I'd love to hear what you think about leadership!