01 July 2010

Celebrate Your Independence!

This weekend we celebrate our declaration of independence made in 1776 and what that day meant at the time and into the future for the newly declared United States of America. It's incredible what our forefathers accomplished by speaking (or writing) this declaration. They set forth something new into consciousness. An ideal that has captured the world's imagination and continues to do so.

We can all declare our own independence, every day, no matter what outer circumstance may appear to be. One declaration that I will make this year is to remember that I have a choice about what I feel about or how to interpret everything in my life. I can choose to call it "bad or wrong" or I can decide to call it "different or challenging". How I interpret and name my experience is what creates the next experience. I can choose to be grateful for my life and call it all GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Houston, TX, United States
I've led a lot and followed plenty of times, too. All these experiences have given me some interesting perspective into what makes someone a leader worth following. And what constitutes ethical leadership? We usually can smell it when's it not, so let's find the examples in the world of people leading in an ethical and authentic way! My passion is community leadership but I think the lessons of leadership transcend place and specifics. I'd love to hear what you think about leadership!