02 November 2009

Notes of Gratitude

Organizing some paperwork on my desk this morning I came across two handwritten notes I received recently in the mail. Both are from young women who I have unofficially mentored. Both were notes thanking me for the impact that I've had on their lives. There's no way I could throw those notes away. They are now tucked away in a drawer where I know I will come across them again in the future. At the perfect time, no doubt, when I really need a reminder of all that is good.

A great way to start a new work week.... a reminder that the encouragement, modeling, support and leadership we provide to others really does matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Houston, TX, United States
I've led a lot and followed plenty of times, too. All these experiences have given me some interesting perspective into what makes someone a leader worth following. And what constitutes ethical leadership? We usually can smell it when's it not, so let's find the examples in the world of people leading in an ethical and authentic way! My passion is community leadership but I think the lessons of leadership transcend place and specifics. I'd love to hear what you think about leadership!