24 November 2009

Thanks Giving

In two days it will be the annual American Thanksgiving holiday and we'll gather with the part of our family that is most geographically desirable to celebrate. It's a bonus that those relatives just happen to be my parents and one of my brothers and his family. Two of my nephews are in the late-teen into college years and it feels nice that they still want to be with family on the holidays.

I really love Thanksgiving. Hands down it's my favorite holiday of the year. What a brilliant concept: to create a holiday centered around gratitude for the abundance we enjoy in our lives. My bank accounts and retirement holdings have taken a real beating this past year, but I still have so much. My career isn't exactly where I thought it would be today, but I still love what I do. My eyesight requires me to wear "readers" now for nearly everything, but I still can see all the faces of the people I love without them. For everything I've "lost" this past year there's been something equally profound and impactful that I've gained.

Food. Football. Family. Forgiveness. I'm grateful for a day to remember my blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Houston, TX, United States
I've led a lot and followed plenty of times, too. All these experiences have given me some interesting perspective into what makes someone a leader worth following. And what constitutes ethical leadership? We usually can smell it when's it not, so let's find the examples in the world of people leading in an ethical and authentic way! My passion is community leadership but I think the lessons of leadership transcend place and specifics. I'd love to hear what you think about leadership!